Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Purchased Prostitute


(written in 2006)

a poem based on the beautiful story of Hosea

Hopeless, desperate, searching for lovers,
You wandered in the street
Selling yourself for food and cover
You battled daily defeat.

Blameless, spotless, clean, and forgiven
Before Me now you stand
Purchasing you, My blood I've given.
My love, take hold of My hand!

Leaving Me, the world- you then sought her,
You gave into her lure,
Sucking on broken pots for water,
My fountain, you did ignore.

Broken, empty, turning to lovers,
A speck of wealth to gain.
Have you forgotten? I, no other,
Can pour on you wealth like rain!

Blameless, spotless, clean, and forgiven,
Before Me, now you stand.
Purchasing you, My blood I've given.
My love, take hold of My hand!

"Then I will heal you of your faithlessness; My love will know no bounds, for My anger will be gone forever. I will make you My wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you Mine, and you will finally know Me as The Lord." (Hosea 14:4; 2:19-20)








No comments:

Post a Comment