Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Little Bird: On your tenth birthday...



"My dearest Kali,

You're 10!! I have no idea where the time has gone. It seems to be just yesterday I was playing with my "Baby Kali," throwing her on the pillows on the couch, or going to a dance for Valentine's day, or her first pony ride.

You are a very beautiful, energetic, smart, funny, caring, and loving girl. It is so neat, and scary too, watching you grow into a young woman or should I say lady. I don't want you to ever leave me... but I know someday you will. I just want to enjoy our relationship and time we do have together.

A father's biggest regret is not spending more time with his children and I know why... It's all the little stuff that just happens that makes life special, and time is the only way to experience it.

I can remember how scared yet excited I was when you were on your way into this world and I will never forget all the smiles you've brightened my days with and hugs that made the cares of this world fade away!

Thank you so much for being the special person you are and thank you for loving me!

You will always be my "little girl" and I will always be your "daddy."

I will love you forever... and don't you ever forget who you are in Jesus Christ. "He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Happy Birthday,

Daddy"

No comments:

Post a Comment