Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Little Bird: A Father's love

"Kali,

Did you know that I think thoughts of you? Well, I do and very often! I prayed for you this morning. I prayed that you might "comprehend the love that God has toward you." It really is a love that is hard to understand. "No greater love hath any many than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends." Meditate on the cross... Not Jesus the one sentenced to die at the hands of men, but Jesus who, on His celestial calendar, scheduled an appointment with death, selected the means by which He would die, and orchestrated it completely so that His own would have life. He willingly laid down His life, for you! That's love in a way that is almost incomprehensible!

I love you so much, Kali. I realize in the business of life I fail to tell you, but I do love you so much. The other Wednesday, when you had the paper on your back [something our youth group did one night to encourage the teens to speak words of encouragement to one another], I could have written a novel on it about all the special things about you. There are so many.

Inwardly... compassionate, gentle, caring, respectful, faithful, sweet-spirited, helpful, considerate, diligent, smart, and fun in your own special way. I really enjoy your company and being around you. You honor me. I absolutely love when you hold my hand or lay your head on my shoulder. You are so special to me! I could go on, but I have a 7:00 appointment for work.

Outwardly... God has designed you and decorated you. Remember that outward beauty fades but the inward, which you have, is lifelong, even when you are all shrunken and wrinkled at 80!

Well, it's 6:45 and I can't keep my appointment waiting, but remember this- you are special, precious, and God has placed us together on this planet and I am so thankful and grateful!

Set your mind on the things above where Christ, Jesus, Savior, Messiah, Groom is now seated... interceding for you! Look up. Look up. Look up.

Life can get stagnant and seem so vain. "Vanity, vanity, all is vanity." But is is only a vapor. He is all that matters. Meditate, mutter things about Him today. Pray without ceasing. Think today, not about applying your quiet time, but about a relationship, a real live love relationship you have with your Creator and Savior!

In closing, remember that I am committed to you. I will always love you and, while I have breath and fight in my bones, I will be here for you.

I love you forever.... Your firstborn Daddy. "

No comments:

Post a Comment