Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Little Bird: On belief systems and role models

"Dearest Kali, (my firstborn daughter),

First, I want to start out by telling you how very much I love you. My love for you is unconditional! That means that no matter what you do... or don't do, I will always love you. I am so proud to be your dad! You truly are a special little lady. You have so much talent the Lord has given you. I am excited to see the life He has planned for you (Eph. 2:10). He prepared before you were born the good works you will do for Him!!!

The posters coming off of your wall was the first of many decisions you will make over your lifetime for God. As I was in school yesterday, I realized that Mommy and I are the ones who bought the posters and movies, not realizing the harm that could come by them. For that I am sorry... for leading you down a road that would be displeasing to God. Your decision to take them down or not watch the movies has to be to honor God and not me... I thought of some verses that go with making this decision:

- Romans 12:1-2. You are a living sacrifice to God to be holy and acceptable. Do not be conformed to this world.

- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. We are not to be tied together with unbelievers and looking up to unbelievers as a role model or an idol can be harmful.

- Philippians 2:1-16. We are to think like Christ thinks. That is why we always need to look to God and His Word and see if there is anything in our lives that displeases Him. You were "working out your salvation" when you took those posters down. And God was working in you for His pleasure and not our own!

I want to let you know that if you ever have any questions, I am always here for you! As far as [teen celebrities names] are concerned, there is still one problem... They don't believe in Jesus! I think as a father/daughter project, we should sit down and write a letter to them and share the Gospel with them... What do you think?

Something else that this has brought up in my life... I am convicted to take a hard look at my own choices of movies or things I do that may not honor the Lord. You see, Kali, you never stop growing no matter how old you are. You have to realize that the world (Satan's kingdom) will try to entice you into its belief system and 1 Peter 5:8 says that Satan is a lion walking about looking to devour Christians. Most often this will come by him making the world and all the lust of it look good. Always stay in the Word, because it is the only detergent that can clean your mind and keep it from becoming worldly.

I love you with all my heart and I do pray for you, my little sister In Christ! 3 John 1:4 says that there's no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth!!

Always your Daddy,
Forever your brother.

Love,
Daddy"
   





No comments:

Post a Comment