Thursday, April 27, 2017

Two are better than one.

"Two are better than one, 
because they have a good reward for their labour:
if either of them falls down,
one can help the other up..."
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)



My Matt,

What a whirlwind the last few months have been!

The preparations for our move have been so much more draining and exhausting than we had imagined they could be. And, I know I have told you this a hundred times already, but I feel like preparing for this move has made us work together as a team now more than at any other time in our marriage.

You have led and I have supported. You have worked on selling the house, securing a place to stay when we move, purchasing the airline tickets, working on the house projects, calculating costs and planning our budget; while I have worked on sorting everything we own, selling what we don't need, and packing the eight totes we will bring with us.

Two is so much better than one!

I read this verse today and thought of you... Of how you lift me up when I've become weary or discouraged during this process. You remind me of Gospel truths when I am overwhelmed with discouragement over my sin. You do the dishes and make the bed for me when I'm weary. You hold the screaming baby and push me out the door with "orders" for a ten minute walk in the midst of the craziness. You pull out your crazy dance moves or say something to make me laugh when everything is overwhelming. You hold me when I need to cry. You listen when I need to pour out the thoughts that are spinning around in my head that I need to talk to someone about and process.

Thank you for living with me in an understanding way with your listening ears, your gentle words, and your strong hugs. Thank you for showing me humble service like Jesus in the way you serve me. Thank you for lifting me up when I fall down, my Matt.
I am thankful God made us a team.

All my love,
Your Ka

No comments:

Post a Comment